Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Guess I'm Versatile

I'd like to thank my blogging friend Lori from Conversations in Literacy for thinking that my little blog is worthy of the Versatile Blogger Award.  (I've never met Lori, but I'm pretty sure we'd get along really well.  Go check out her blog and you'll see why.)



The Versatile Blogger Award rules:
1.  Thank the person who nominated you with a link back to them.  (gladly)
2.  Tell 7 things about yourself.  (see below)
3.  Pass this award on to 15 other newly discovered blogs and let them know they received an award. (uh, not sure I can come up with 15 but I'll do my best)
   
1.  I don't believe I've ever looked my age or ever will.  My cousin Laurie says I'm the youngest 40-year old in the world.  I used to think it was a curse, but it's starting to grow on me.


2.  God has not yet seen fit to send me my husband.  Sometimes I wonder if he's not around yet because God's thinking, "Sheesh, will she ever grow up?  She's not ready yet."  At other times, God must be thinking, "Her life is too good.  I don't want to mess it up."  He'd be right either way.  Regardless, I'm pretty sure God wouldn't take this long unless this guy were out of this world wonderful. 


3.  There are actually lots of perks to singleness.  One is being able to travel.  I've lost track of how many times I've been to Europe.  Eight maybe?  


4.  I love to pile up cash.  Dave Ramsey would label me a "nerd."  It's not like I never spend money.  I mean, I am typing these words from a new MacBook Pro, but you can be sure I paid cash.


5.  God blessed me with a talent for singing, which I've been doing since I was old enough to talk.  If you'd like to take a listen go here.  My cousin Laurie and I made a Christmas CD last year, and a few of our songs are available on youtube.


6.  Six years ago one of my first graders took me to Mexico for a week during the summer.  He and his mom were planning the trip, and she asked him who he'd like to take along.  I was his choice.  Isn't that the sweetest thing?  By the way, I have him to thank for hooking me up with my best friend - his dear mother.


7.  I've saved the best for last.  The Message Bible introduces Genesis like this:  "First, God.  God is the subject of life. God is foundational for living...Not God at the margins; not God as an option; not God on the weekends.  God at the center and circumference; God first and last; God, God, God."  Amen.


I'm passing this award on to:
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Your numbers are going up! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I remember when 8 followers was a big deal. Thanks for supporting me and my little blogging world Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...your 1st grader took you to Mexico?! I almost cried...that is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete